You may of heard of the traditional Japanese Energy Therapy “Reiki” – but what exactly is “Reiki” and what’s involved during a session?
Reiki combines the Japanese and Chinese characters of “rei” (spiritual or supernatural) and “ki” (vital energy)… therefore;
“Reiki is the life energy that flows through all living things.”
It is a great tool for stress reduction and relaxation. Many people use Reiki for wellness; all though it is not a cure for a disease or illness, it may assist the body in creating an environment to encourage healing.
Reiki is a holistic healing tapping treating the root of cause, through healing the energetic body the emotional, mental and physical body is able to heal.
Reiki Practitioners understand that everyone has the ability to connect with their own healing energy and use it to strengthen energy in themselves and to help others. It is believed that a person’s “ki” should be strong and free flowing. When this is true, a person’s body and mind is in a positive state of health. When the energy becomes weak or blocked it could lead to symptoms of physical or emotional imbalance.
What happens during a session?
A Reiki session can help ease tension and stress, and can help support the body to facilitate an environment for healing on all levels – physical, mental, and emotional.
During a Reiki session, the practitioner places their hands either directly on you or just above you to stimulate healing. The belief is that the practitioner is able to enhance your body’s natural healing abilities.
You may experience sensations in the body such as heat or tingling. Some visualisations may appear, such as colours or pictures, or having memory flashbacks. Your experiences may become deeper the more you continue with reiki.
What are the benefits of Reiki?
- Reiki dissolves all the energy blocks and helps Spiritual Growth and Emotional clarity.
- Reiki helps in reducing the stress, anxiety, depression and enhances relaxation.
- It relieves the pain and supports the physical body healing.
- Reiki will heal infections and inflammations.
- It helps to set the mind and feel relaxed.
- It boosts Intuition and creativity.
- Reiki sharpens your memory and improves behavior.
- It improves the indices of metabolic syndrome.
- Reiki increases mobility in case of various pains like shoulder pain, wrist pain, and lower back pains.
- Reiki compliments medical treatment and other therapies.
- Reiki Fosters Balance and Harmony.
Become a Reiki Practitioner:
Talalla Yoga are hosting their “Mukti Shakti” Reiki Training on February 23rd – 29th at Talalla Retreat. The training is facilitated by our Talalla Yoga Senior Manager & Reiki Master Tye Fielding, and joined by special guest Ms. Ushaji Dobhal – a legendary Reiki Grand Master and a Holistic Energy Healer with over 25 years experience. Ushaji is the Founder of Buddha Hall and Mukti Shakti, a Holistic Healing and Teaching Center in Dharamshala India. She embodies a unique combination of eastern spiritual wisdom and western therapeutic knowledge.
Prices start from only $1500 usd all incl. and include the following:
- 6 x nights accommodation of your choice at the beautiful Talalla Retreat
- Delicious meals daily + 1 x beverage per day (tea and coffee @ breakfast)
- Reiki Level I and II certification course
- Spiritual energy healing basic course
- Two chakra attunement sessions
- One Reiki session with Master Healer
- Twice daily yoga classes
- Daily meditation classes
- Local excursion to the beautiful Rock Temple
- Safari to Udawalawe National Park (to see the elephants)
- 1 x 60 minute massage or spa treatment
Follow this link to learn more about the retreat inclusions and how to reserve your spot now.
For more information email: [email protected]
Back to Blog