Talalla Yoga 200 Hour Vinyasa & Yin
Yoga Teacher Training
March – April 2021
Join our Talalla Yoga Manager Tye Fielding and Talalla Yoga Facilitators Echo Flow Yoga and Skaya Hedstrom for our 200 Hour Vinyasa & Yin YTT on March 20 – April 15th, 2021.
In order to start out on your individual journey, it is important to heal from past stories that you may be holding onto. Releasing past traumas, and fear-based beliefs you are able to step forward into the light to allow yourself to shine to your fullest potential. This teacher training course is based on Hatha, Meditation and Healing Modalities – a combination of years of experience through obstacles, challenges and hardships backed by creation, exploration and self progression. Thousands of hours of training in various systems have been concentrated into a one-month long transformational experience.
An all-level yoga training:
This yoga training is perfect for new students looking to refine and deepen their practice as well as for certified teachers who have already completed a 200hr or 500hr Teacher training and are desiring to move their teaching skillset beyond the scope of asana and into the more transformative practices of the ancient and incredible Science of Yoga. On the other hand, this is an all-level training. If you are brand new to yoga this comprehensive training is a beautiful foundational platform for you to begin to develop your practice as a practitioner and as a teacher.
Each morning, a stunning sunrise welcomes you to this pristine paradise and gives way to the tropical sun. The quiet bay comes alive with the warm breeze, the sound of the ocean waves, and the incredible variety of wildlife.
The facilities at Talalla Retreat are second to none. Well-appointed rooms, excellent fresh food, smoothies and juices, a large swimming pool, and the sprawling common areas are all yours to enjoy. We also have a very skilled team of massage therapists and a wide variety of indulgent spa treatments to support your body throughout the training.
All this and more make for the perfect setting for your next Yoga Teacher Training.
This training is based on traditional and classical Hatha and Tantra Yoga and the more modern practice of Yin Yoga. At the core of this training, inspiration is drawn from Vedanta, Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita and Meditation systems from various concentrations. Modern teachings have been applied to this training, but the ancient science of yoga through the classical application will stay intact and sacred to the practice. With proper education, willpower and drive, students will find that their practice begins on the mat, but does not stay there. The practice is expansive and inclusive of our lives off the mat.
Asana, Pranayama, Meditation, Journaling –
We always begin the mornings with personal practice, self-reflection and meditation. The afternoon practice is a mixture of teaching applications, alignment, anatomy, and yin:
- Sun Salutations with variations
- Range of yoga asanas depending on the day, climate, group energy
- Postural alignment
- Vinyasa Krama
- Intelligent Sequencing
- Injuries and all levels teaching
- Deep relaxation techniques
- Pranayama – basic and intermediate breathing techniques
- Meditation and journaling
Vedanta and Samkhya Philosophy Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – the study of the text and commentary:
- Look into Samkhya and Tantric Philosophy
- Basic concepts of Vedanta Philosophy
- Subtle Anatomy: Prana, Nadis, Chakras, Bandha
- The Four Paths of Yoga: Karma, Bhakti, Raja, Jnana
- Kriyas – the cleansing techniques
- Nutrition and Diet for the yogis
- Consciously living as a modern yogi
- Bhagavad Gita – the study of the text and commentary
- Behavioral psychology
- Non Violent Communication
- Control Dramas
- Transactional Analysis
- Introduction to the main body systems and the effects of asana and pranayama on these systems
- Focus on skeletal and muscular systems and their functions
- Therapeutic Alignment and Body Biomechanics
- Common injuries and how to prevent and address them
- Creating safe and anatomically beneficial sequences
- The practice of all Asana groups and an in-depth look at their alignment and biomechanics
- Learn to instruct asana (postures) with proper alignment and breath techniques
- Sun Salutations
- Hand on Assists
- Intelligent Sequencing
- Vinyasa Krama
- Learning to create sequences on the theme, class level, climate, or demographic
- Creating a Hatha, Vinyasa, Tantra, and yin class sequence
- Use of props and Asana variations
- Teaching Pranayama and Meditation
- Cultivating tone and voice
- Confidence-building through practice teaching
- Learn how to create a safe space for your students
- Guided relaxation techniques
- A deeper look into injuries and physical limitations
- Informed use of props to improve or modify a posture
The training schedule will be different for each day, and each training, though below is what to expect on a typical day with Sunday’s being rest days.
- 07:00 – 09.00 // Sadhana (Meditation, Pranayama, Asana)
- 09.00 – 10.30 // Breakfast
- 10:30 – 12:00 // Module lecture
- 12:15 – 13:00 // Anatomy
- 13:00 – 14:30 // Lunch Break
- 14:30 – 15:30 // Asana
- 15:45 – 17:45 // Philosophy
- 18: 00 – 19:00 // Evening event-/ class
- 26 nights accommodation of your choice at Talalla Retreat – see rooms here
- 3 x meals & 1 x non alcoholic beverage per day (Monday to Saturday)
- Sunday’s off (room only – meals at own expense)
- All classes, workshops and trainings
- Training manual
- Local excursion
- Complimentary massage
- 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Certificate
|Big House||Deluxe Villa||Bamboo Hut||SeaView Villa|
|Private||Private / Twin||Private / Twin / Triple||Private / Twin||Private / Twin|
|Price PP USD||$2,500||$3,000 / $2,600||$3,500 / $2,800 / $2,500||$3,800 / $2,900||$3,700 / $2,900|
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE ABOVE-DESCRIBED PRICE?
- International flights, visas and travel insurance
- Airport transfers – we can arrange on your behalf
- Alcoholic Beverages and Barista Coffee at Hotel (Breakfast Tea & Local Coffee Included)
- Additional Spa Therapies
You can read more information on our rooms here
To secure your spot on this amazing retreat, simply pay a 20% deposit.
We look forward to welcoming you here at Talalla Retreat, Namaste
Meet your teachers
Senior Talalla Yoga Manager and Teacher
Since a young age Tye has been fascinated by physical movement, meditations and the universal power of kindness. Coming from an entertainment and fitness background Tye would rely on yoga asana and meditation for rehabilitation and flexibility not completely understanding the true power of yogic living. This all change in 2013 while traveling through India when she participated in a specific yoga class that invoked and experience she had never felt before. From this moment Tye has dedicated herself to understand all she can about yogic living, and energetic healing on a personal level and also to share the phenomenon with others. Tye is a 500RYT / 200E-RYT Yoga instructor, Massage therapist and Energetic healer and teacher.Through dedication of study , Self practice, and countless moments on the mat she loves nothing more than to share love, creativity and self connection through yoga. Tye is a true believer of kindness and creative understanding. Anything can be achieved through an open mind.
Lead Yoga Teacher
Echo has been using movement as a way of healing for over 15 years. Her life as an athlete brought her to the yoga studio in her early 20’s and ever since then she has been on a journey of unfolding physically, mentally, and spiritually. Her background began with Hatha, Vinyasa, and Power yoga……and eventually evolved into Yin, and Restorative as well. She has a strong focus on individual alignment, and embodiment of the full practice of yoga including in depth practice on yogic philosophy, and lifestyle. Due to individual challenges growing up in tough environment she uses behavioral psychology, neuroscience, breath control, non violent communication and other behavioral studies as part of her wholistic approach to healing through yoga, and gaining stronger foundations to lead others through the facilitation of yoga.
Lead Yoga Teacher
Skaya is a 500 hour certified Vinyasa, Hatha and Yin Asana teacher.
Her journey to a spiritual practice started in sport science and health, naturally merging her love of the human form, dance and wellness she began exploring yoga. After 6 years of teaching she decided to deepen her knowledge and journeyed to the birth place of yoga, India.
As an established teacher she found herself developing new practices, and identifying areas within her teaching style that could be expanded on. Tying together traditional Indian practices with her extensive knowledge of western movement based flow she provides a deeply relaxing asana experience.
Her gentle nature and attention to detail allows all levels of students the chance to confidently explore their asana, pranayama and meditation practice with ease. Her passion for alignment, a moving meditation, and pranayama developed a style of flow that leaves one feeling supported, spacious and light.
Based in India for the past 2 years, when Skaya isn’t on her mat you’ll find her hiking, exploring new cultures and enjoying the ocean.