Resort Restaurant at Talalla Retreat Sri Lanka
Talalla Retreat is passionate about food thanks to the gourmet influence of successful Australian restaurant owner and Talalla founder, Laurie Rose.
Sip on a king coconut and enjoy the gentle sea breeze as you savour gourmet Talalla flavours in our stunning open-air restaurant pavilion.
Vibrant tropical fruit, crisp seasonal fresh vegetables and fresh local seafood feature prominently in our traditional Sri Lankan delicacies and international favourites.
We are proud of our low mileage approach to food, sourcing local ingredients and produce from nearby markets and fishing villages.
Festive occasions like Christmas and New Year are celebrated with spectacular buffet feasts... The resort staff will create an outdoor buffet hut from palm fronds, and present an array of exotic dishes in traditional clay pots. Experience fragrant Sri Lankan curries and whole sear fish (Spanish mackerel) BBQ'd on flaming coconut shells.
Much of the resorts herbs and spices are grown organically on the property, while other seasonal ingredients are sourced fresh daily from local markets and fishermen.
- Cleanse Seasonal Fruit Plate (mango, papaya & banana) served with lime wedge and optional fresh buffalo curd
- Yoga Breakfast Poached egg served atop steamed greens
- Surfers Buffet Fresh fruit plate followed by eggs any style served with a basket of dosa and wholegrain bread and Talallas famous mango chutney, coconut sambal and buffalo curd
- Pure Salad Seasonal Greens, tomatoes and cashews tossed in a miso vinaigrette served with fresh fish or buffalo curd
- Pure Steam Seasonal steamed vegetables topped with coconut, olive oil, lemon & salt, served with local Sri
Lankan rice. Fresh fish optional.
Talalla offers a range of traditional local dishes such as
Ash Banana Chips, Fish Ambulthiyal, Gotukola Salad, Banana Flower Curry, Tomato Milk Curry, Onion Sambol, Pumpkin Curry & Green leaves Mallum
For those with looking for something more familiar talalla also offers a range of healthy Mediterranean dishes such as
Clay pot cooked vegetable paella with fish or chicken or Chicken or fish tikka wraps with tabouleh, tatziki and fresh salad